Saturday, January 27, 2007

Human Rights in Singapore - Two more executed

AI reports Singapore executed two Africans on drug trafficking charges Friday despite pleas for clemency by Nigeria's president, the United Nations and human rights groups.

I encourage people who consider the mandatory death penalty regime to be barbaric to boycott Singapore government businesses and to avoid Singapore as a travel destination. I used to be a regular visitor but will not set foot in the place until these laws are rescinded.

1 comment:

willy bach poetic thoughts said...

Dear Mark

I have opposed the shameful sycophants at ANU who are awarding an Honorary Law Degree on Singapore's former authoritarian Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew. I will post this on my blog.

Willy Bach
http://willybachpoeticthoughts.blogspot.com/