Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Happy Australia Day - New political correctness rules, OK?
Some revelations for Australia Day and 2007:
1. It is OK for the PM to lend his weight to right wing Christian groups, while decrying the failure of 'Muslims' to integrate.
2. It is OK to drape yourself in the Aussie flag and attack anyone who is not into your jingoistic wet dream.
3. It is not OK to wear a T-Shirt with an anti Dubbya message on a Qantas flight.
4. It is OK to invade and occupy another country illegally.
5. It is not OK to support multiculturalism.
6. It is OK to think that anyone who does'nt understand 'Aussie values' is a recalcitrant who should be put in their place.
7. It is OK for people accused of crimes under the new definition of terrorism to be denied habeas corpus.
8. It is not OK to access government documents under Freedom of Information unless a Minister decides it is in the public interest.
9. It is OK for ASIO to tap the phones of people not suspected of anything.
10. It is OK to be afraid, very afraid.
Leunig in The Age